Thursday 21 March 2013

Flower girl dress

I found new love for my sewing machine tonight!
Here is a little mock up of a flower girl dress. My brother is getting married in June and I have been given the task of making my niece Evie her flower girl dress! She is only 2 a very excited about wearing a pretty princess dress!

This one is just made out of calico I wanted to make sure the pattern worked. I will also try this on Evie to make sure it fits!

The plan is to make the bodice out of silk dupion, I have managed to take the scraps from work (perks of work for a bridal designer) and as she is so small I don't need much. The skirt will be layers of tulle with a silk sash round the middle.

Im so excited about this little project, Ill update you over the next few months when I start making the final one... Watch this space!





2 comments: